September always makes us feel very nostalgic at the winery. The last of the long summer nights gives us time to reflect on the season that has passed, and the 'back to school' messaging reminds us of our younger years.
During such a period of thoughtfulness, we took a stroll through our private cellars and decided it would be fun to share some of that Nostalgia with you in this set. We're throwing it back to 2017 and pulling out some beautiful vintages, long sold out, and pairing them with their more recent counterparts. These two excellent three-vintage verticals are sure to take you on a journey of discovery and happy contemplation.
We've included the following, with a focus on juicy, full-bodied Malbec and complex Meritage.
- 2017 Malbec - still under our previous "Oliver Twist" labels, this glorious vintage we always referred to as “Dark & Delicious.” The deep, sexy purple hue draws you in to a luscious, complex nose of black currant, blackberry, damson plum, raspberry, vanilla pod and clove, with hints of sage and toasty oak.
- 2018 Malbec - a full-bodied wine with ripe, firm tannins and fresh acidity with generous black cherry, boysenberry, blackberry, vanilla, and cloves.
- 2020 Malbec/Petit Verdot - ready to add intrigue to your dining table with fresh cherry, red currants, kirsch, spice, and floral notes. Its full body and powdery tannins make it fun to pair with savoury dishes.
- 2017 Meritage - still under our previous "Oliver Twist" labels. A voluptuous, complex blend with notes of ripe blackberry, raspberry jam, black currant, and cherry mingle with toasty spice of cedar, nutmeg and cardamom, light florals of lilac and violet, and savoury, earthy notes of coffee, cocoa, sage and dry tobacco leaf. A Cabernet-led vintage, with 82% Cab Sauv, 15% Merlot, 3% Malbec.
- 2018 Meritage Family Collection - This complex, vivid blend is dominated by Merlot (51%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (21%), with a sprinkle of Cabernet Franc (14%), Malbec (11%) and Petit Verdot (3%). It bursts with notes of black currant, raspberry, cherry, and blackberry. Hints of violet, clove, oak, leather, vanilla and baking spices add layers and depth, while the firm, supple tannins are balanced by fresh acidity.
- 2019 Meritage Family Collection - Attractive black currant, blackberry and cherry aromas waft from this generously fruited, luxuriously textured wine. Light florals, along with notes of licorice, sweet baking spice, vanilla and caramel lend further interest and linger persistently. 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 8% Malbec, 2% Petit Verdot.
This set of six wines is very limited due to the scarcity of the 2017 bottles, so please don't delay your order! We won't be able to add any more. Thank you for supporting our small, local, family-owned winery.
Pro ordering tip: our shipping boxes can fit 15 bottles, and we charge the same flat rate. Maximize your shipper to 15 bottles for the best rates!